Make a difference in today’s high schools, colleges and universities by becoming a leader. Concordia’s Student Personnel Administration in Higher Education (SPAHE) prepares graduate students in mind, body, and spirit through a program grounded in student affairs theory and practice applied from a Christian perspective.
In our SPA program you’ll benefit by learning:
- Practical experience you can immediately use in the workplace
- In classes taught by practicing student affairs professionals
- Through internships that transform theory into practice
- At a schedule designed for working professionals (evening and summer classes available)
- Possible graduate assistantships in CUAA departments
Credit hours required: 34 with thesis completion seminar.
CUAA’s MS in Student Personnel Administration prepares school administrators to bring a faith-based approach to their positions in such areas as residence life, student activities, career services, admissions, academic advising, diversity, and others. Our program allows students to network while learning, and is accepted by the Higher Learning Commission.
In our SPA program you will:
- Study the basics of student affairs administration
- Learn how generational, social, racial, ethnic, and religious diversity impacts the campus environment
- Understand the legal issues that arise between public and private institutions and their governing boards, administrators, faculty, student affairs staff, and governmental bodies
- Explore higher education law, the role of law on campus, and the relationship between the law and the work in student affairs and athletics
Our program offers two tracks:
- Student Affairs Administration
- Athletic Administration
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university